Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thing #6 Reader, Reader, Pumpkin Eater

Here I am again, correcting a mistake. Sorry- all of you fans and followers (the hundreds of you!)- I forgot to blog about thing 6. I have to say reading the posts that come in on my reader is a mixed bag. I love the feeling of being updated about everything and feeling in-the-know, but I now recognize that my brain will only hold a certain amount of information before it does a Spring cleaning. I believe that I will have to train my brain to process, file, and store blog updates and information in a new way. I am actually excited to imagine that I can build new neuro-synapses through this process. The think of interest I am most consistently excited about is the NPR updates. I am a total NPR nerd, and this makes me feel even more "connected"; I see the endless possibilities for people to become even more involved with things they are truly passionate about just by following reader post updates.

3 comments:

  1. Had a blog and couldn't keep her...

    I agree that the reader is a mixed bag. I feel a little special and somewhat empowered knowing that I can go to one web page and find the latest news from sources that I trust. Plus, it's so easy to skim through the headlines and to read just what I'm in the mood for at the moment. However, I feel a little overwhelmed when I'm out for a few days. I tell myself, "Go read your reader." Then, the fear of there being 123 unread post, bold fonts glaring at me, just makes me want to stay away, so I don't go. Do you see the never-ending cycle?

    Sometimes (especially with the educational blogs), I click on one headline, that takes me to another place, where I click, that takes me to another place, and so on and so on (again, another never ending cycle). Overall the advantages do outweigh the frustration. I just need to take some time to streamline my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rss readers can be overwhelming. I find myself adding and deleting feeds every so often trying to get things that are the most interesting and beneficial for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I'd like to say how much I enjoy reading your posts. You have a way with words that makes me smile! I am trying to take a page from your book and be less verbose and more succinct. You ROCK the free world!

    ReplyDelete