Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thing # 13 The Lucky Number


Image mashups are cool! I had trouble getting to some of the sites, and I was a bit frustrated that the map site said it would not work because as it claimed, it has not supported flikr since 2007. I am sure the discovery activity for the thing just needs to be updated. As you can see from the documentation on each of my pictures, I used the smiley face site to create the picture on the left and a comic strip generator for the alien. I think this is a skill that students could master to enhance their existing projects, but I am at a loss for how to make this the major meat of a project. I am more impressed with the fun social possibilities for mashups; I can also see the selections I created also being used to create political cartoons. Hey! That would be a way for government students to use this tool.

1 comment:

  1. The political cartoons are a great idea. We can do this in English III when we study rhetorical techniques and begin an argumentative paper. The kids can somehow create a cartoon over an issue of some sort and use some sort of rhetorical devise. Boy...am I ever vague.

    ReplyDelete