Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thing 21

Google Book Search allows you to search for full texts. I could totally use this in my classroom and personal life (heck! It could take the place of dates I am not having). I think that many of my computer savvy students would rather read a text on the screen than the text on the page. Just the simple fact that it is computer-based might entice students who would not normally read to give it a screen or two.


Google Notebook WAS USED to allow you to cut and paste links, articles, whatever into one place when doing research. However, it hasn't been un-usable since January 14, 2009. Again, I hope that the folks who maintain the learning 2.0- 23 things site will take time to edit and check links because it is frustrating to get excited about a possible resource and find it unavailable. I would have loved to explore how this resource could benefit my seniors who are researching right now; I guess this is an example of the internet world changing too quickly to keep up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment