Friday, November 13, 2009

Thing #15 umm, umm, good!

Delicious: worth the wait at the dinner table? I am not sure. As with many technologies I have explored so far, I found the use of the site and the process a bit overwhelming and at times it didn't seem to work. I received several error messages that told me to try to bookmark later, and I found several sites that were no longer there. Having said that, the idea of compiling, sharing, and categorizing all of my favorite sites is pretty cool. I do believe that delicious has applications in the professional realm, including a way for departments and individual teachers to share resources and even create virtual guides to meeting talking points. The ability to tag is also useful; it helps me sift through multiple bookmarks for what I want or need at the moment, and it gives others clues to what they would find interesting or useful. I definitely think I will continue to explore this technology and try to find ways to use it to help me organize and share resources that I previously just jotted down and hoped I would come across when I needed them in the future. Check out my delicious links about Lord of the Flies, a bibliography maker, and service dogs .

No comments:

Post a Comment