Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thing #19

Actually, the coming and going voicethread reminded me of John Madden outlining a play. Writing everywhere! This also reminded me of my final year of college. Education majors were required to take a "media" course: it cost money, it was required, but we got no actual credit for it. Anyway, we were given a list of projects we had to complete in a given amount of time (kind of like 23 things), including making a transparency, computer generated test review, a foam-core mounted poster, and (my favorite) a stop motion video. Back in the day this was big time, but, even then, I thought it was pretty impractical. How many public schools do you know of that have the ability to foam-core mount or make stop motion video? Not to mention that the time involved in doing this is ridiculous. But, I was required to complete these and other stupid projects nonetheless. Now, I find the skills learned in 23Things much more valuable, but VoiceThread is not my favorite. If I'm going to go to all the trouble, I might as well include video (that way they get both my beautiful singing voice AND my happy, smiling, 5'9" supermodel face). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment